ACI’s 16th Ballast Water Management Summit (November 9 – 10, 2016 in Belgium) will provide essential guidance to shipowners on how to prepare for and manage the installation and technical operation of ballast water treatment systems.
On day 1 of this event, Juha Kiukas (our European Sales Director) will discuss the new timeline for complying with the Ballast Water Management (BWM) Convention, and the considerations shipowners must weigh when selecting systems. These considerations include:
- Short-term vs. long-term time horizon – factoring operational expenditure (OPEX) into the
- Retrofitting costs, connections and adaptations required for installations
- Compliance obligations and costs based on treatment technology
- Forecasting cost and management of consumables
- Global coverage for rapid service and availability of spare parts
We look forward to seeing you in Antwerp!