Trojan Marinex understands the importance of providing safe, efficient ballast water treatment to help prevent the potential spread of invasive organisms as ships travel from port to port. With a unique system that combines filtration and UV into a single unit, we offers shipowners a compact, purpose-built ballast water treatment system that meets international standards.
At Nor-Shipping 2017, Andrew Daley (Trojan Marinex Product Specialist) sat down with John Snyder, the editor of Marine Log, to discuss the ballast water treatment industry and the in-depth research and science behind the Trojan Marinex Ballast Water Treatment system.
Listen in to get the answers to these questions:
- Why are ballast water treatment systems needed?
- Where is Trojan Marinex at with respect to various Type Approval processes?
- What types and sizes of ballast water treatment systems does Trojan Marinex offer?
- How does the Vessel Incidental Discharge Act (VIDA) relate to ballast water treatment in the United States?
- How has the Trojan Marinex Ballast Water Treatment system evolved over the past few years?