Purpose-Built Ballast Water Treatment
We are developing a suite of ballast water treatment (BWT)
systems unlike any other. Trojan Marinex™ BWT systems are
purpose-built solely for the marine environment, and provide
filtration + ultraviolet (UV) disinfection in a single, compact unit.
We are part of the Trojan Technologies group of businesses.
Collectively, this group is dedicated to providing water confidence
and has played an important role in the development of many of
today's water treatment innovations.
Ballast water is full of aquatic species, including bacteria, small invertebrates, microbes, eggs, cysts and larvae of various species.
- Water taken on in one ecological zone and released in another can result in the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive/nuisance species.
This is a serious threat to our environment.
- The safe and effective treatment of ballast water is of utmost importance. And, due to the impending implementation of the International
Maritime Organization (IMO) Ballast Water Management Convention, U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) and United States Environmental Protection
Agency (USEPA) regulations, it will soon be an absolute necessity.
We're here to help. All Trojan Marinex Ballast Water Treatment (BWT) systems will be Type Approved in accordance with G8 protocol and
the IMO Ballast Water Management Convention.
Our BWT System
To ensure applicability on all vessels and overcome the shortcomings of coupling existing technologies, it was apparent an "off-the-shelf"
solution was simply not a viable option.
It became clear that purpose-built integration (filtration + UV disinfection within one compact unit) was the optimum solution.
Unique features and cost-saving benefits include:
- Lowest power draw – up to half the draw of any filtration + UV system in the industry
- Custom BWT filtration – its design and functionality is specific to the unique needs of ballast water treatment
- TrojanUV Solo Lamp™ Technology – combines the best features of low- and medium-pressure lamp technologies
- Smallest footprint – up to 50% smaller than others in the industry due to our unique integration of filtration + UV
- Chemical-free treatment – no need to transport, store or handle toxic or corrosive chemicals
- Ideal for any vessel – product suite includes a full range of units that are able to treat any flow rate throughout all water qualities
Nor-Shipping is a leading international maritime tradeshow and important forum
for the shipping industry. This year's event is taking place in Oslo, Norway,
June 4 - 7, 2013.
Trojan Marinex will be at stand C02-13. Please drop by and learn more about our
suite of ballast water treatment systems.